Injection Moulding Head Setter
Salary £28,000 to £32,000 per annum (West Bromwich)
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth company that can offer excellent career progression and development prospects. This role would suit somebody already experienced as an Injection Moulding Head Setter, looking for a new and exciting challenge. There is also the opportunity to benefit from a generous salary and ongoing training and support.
Our client operates in the automotive, acoustic, audio and construction markets. They have an established customer base, exporting goods all around the world.
What we need from you as Injection Moulding Head Setter:
- 5+ years experience (preferably)
- Any plastic injection moulding qualifications would be a bonus!
- Experience leading a shift
- Have excellent communication skills
- You must be able to work well under reasonable pressure, integrating with other staff
- Be flexible and committed
What the role involves:
- Lead a shift of 8 machines + staff
- Carry out / oversee all tool changes/tool preps
- Key role in developing company Standard Operating Procedures
- Identify develop and maintain quality levels and standards
- Maintain machines & tooling with a proactive approach
- Keep scrap and machine downtime to a minimum
- Assist with management of materials to ensure adequate levels
- Accurate reporting of performance figures to Production Supervisor
- Enforce clean and tidy work area
- Comply with and enforce company H + S standards
- Key leadership of company 5S scheme in respective area
- Ensure critical parts are kept at set levels to minimise downtime
- Adjustment/resetting of machines where necessary to ensure quality product
- Communication with other departments (customer services/warehouse/maintenance)
- Training of any new Staff Members
- Allocating staff to relevant machines to achieve maximum efficiency of Production Bay
Salary/package: £28,000 - £32,000 per year, depending on level of skills and experience. Working 6am – 2pm/2pm – 10pm rotating, occasional weekend overtime. Benefits – auto-enrolment pension and life assurance (3 X annual salary).
Holiday: 21 days, plus Bank Holidays increasing to 25 plus Bank Holidays after 12 months.
**Closing date for applications 28/12/2021**